Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lazy Sunday bits and pieces

Today I thought I would leave the heavy overall stuff and do some fun stuff on my kitchen table. First I needed to weld on some brackets which had come away from the grill surround. It look like these brackets had been welded to the surround originally but the weld broke away. The weld did not look very good I can't believe this is original.
Instead of welding the bracket I decided to use JB Weld epoxy.

 

Grill surround bracket mounted with JB Weld
I also started looking at the air intake grill. My grill has only two spring clip reinforcing brackets the third one is missing.





I think there is no hope of buying one of these, so I am going to try to make one myself.
Here is the finished result. It not fancy but should do the job made with bits and pieces I had lying around.



Finished grill reassembled and polished

No comments:

Post a Comment