Thursday, June 20, 2013

Getting the engine to start Part 3 - The fuel pump story continues

The fuel pump still does not seem to be pumping anything even through, I tried to prime it last night by injecting fuel into it and I also tried squirting some fuel into the Carburetor fuel bowls no luck. To make sure the fuel line to the tank was not blocked  I  broke the line to the first filter.  I then added a short rubber pipe to the tube and sucked fuel through by mouth and got a mouth full of fuel.
So there is no blockage to the fuel pump. I also checked that the pre pump filter and post pump filter where not in the wrong way and clear. They have a arrow showing the direction of flow on the side.  So I guess the next thing is to remove the fuel pump diassemble and check that it functions correctly. Fistly by trying to hand crank some fuel thorugh it and the by taking it apart.


Fuel Filter 

Fuel pump

No comments:

Post a Comment