Saturday, June 29, 2013

Getting the engine started Part 5 - Fuel Pump reinstalled.

Well my new gasket came and I re-installed the fuel pump on the car and you guessed it the car would not start. However I am now sure the pump is working and there is fuel being pump to the carburetor  as the bowl are full of fuel. So now what? I have a couple thing which I can check  still but if all else fails. In think I may need to remove the carbs and get a rebuild kit. This car is proving more difficult than I fist thought.
To cheer me up and because I had some time while I recharged my battery I started working on the grill and the chrome surround. The car came with two grills. The first had been chromed by Anton but the chromers had then polished holes throw the grill.  The second was a replacement grill Anton had bought which had been painted black.
I chose ti fill the holes which two part epoxy and paint the filled holes with a Keylon chrome paint pen. If you look close at the grill you can tell the paint chrome not very good but the overall effect is acceptable so I will be using this grill.
I removed the grill chrome surround and found some of the mounting bracket are broken. Another little job which need doing.

Grill chrome surround


Toothless front.
Gill with holes filled and painted.



Fuel pump cam on engine


Fuel pump


No comments:

Post a Comment