Saturday, June 15, 2013

I am now working hard to finish installing a new hub bearing assembly on my 1997 Toyota corolla which is taking up precious garage space which I need for my Volvo P1800. The reason I am doing this last minute is because I took the Hub assembly to a local garage to press the bearing in. Unfortunately I took it to a complete bunch of idiots who give mechanics a bad name. Not only did they not put in all the oil seals they left the spring clip out and just handed it back to my wife saying I must have given them the wrong one as it did not fit. Well the reason was they had pressed the bearing past the location for the spring clip.
When I went to complain they tried to tell me I did not need the oil seal and some BS about the clip being wrong.
Eventually I managed to persuade the Neanderthal to just do what I asked and press out the bearing to check and what do you know I was right. This is why I try to do my own car repairs as you end up asking a half ape to fix your car. Sorry I had to vent any way if you are local stay away from Whitney's Auto Care center on S. State St. I looked up their reviews on Google. All bad!  So I guess I only have myself to blame. I added my own non glowing review. If you are going to use a Mechanic, do your research. There are good ones out there, but they are few and far between.
I apologize for maligning Neanderthals. I am sure they are more technically competent than history gives them credit for. The chap below looks like he would do a good job.


LW

No comments:

Post a Comment